The festivites are over. The lights are down. Whether we like it or not, Winter Is Coming.
Here are just a few inexpensive things you can do to help avoid the post-holiday blues.
- Cozy up in an oversized sweater, add some fuzzy socks and a good book.
- Increase the humidity in your home
- Warm up your living space with scented candles, fauz-furry throw pillows and sofa throws.
- Write an actual letter. On paper. With a pen.
- Limit the tempting carb-rich snacks.
- Crank up some music and dance.
- Stay hydrated inside and out.
- Create something!
- Get some sun everyday if you can, if not, invest in a light therapy lamp.
- Take a long, luxurious bath with your favorite Island Thyme Soap.
- Induge with an occasional cup of hot chocolate.
"Hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside" ~ Unknown
If you really want to pamper yourself, the key to really good hot choclate is to skip the powder in the pouch or box and start with some really good quality chocolate. Look for between 60%-70% cocoa, like Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate 70% , or Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE and coarsely chop it up for your recipe.
We tried several hot chocolate recipes on the Internet and really enjoyed this one.