Love Yourself for Valentines Day
Instead of reaching for the more sweets on February 14, drink more water.
Cells are the basic unit of structure and function of life. A balance between fluids and electrolytes is necessary if cells are to survive and function normally. We lose a LOT of water daily in sweat, feces, urine and when we breathe out (think of how your see your breath on a cold day.) Since the adult body is composed of about 60% water, it's important to replenish what's lost daily.
If you want your body to love you back by maintaining health and beauty, what comes out must go back in for optimal cell health.
Here are just a few highlights to think about;
- Drinking more water can help control your caloric intake and increase your metabolic rate.
- About 70% of your lean muscle is water. Muscle cells that don't maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue.
- Water helps keep your skin looking good. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled.
- Water improves circulation of nutrients in your blood that reach the scalp. They are necessary for stronger hair.
- Water helps remove toxins from your body, in particular from the digestive tract. It's important to maintain normal kidneys and bowel function.
- Your brain is made up of about 75% water and that is what provides it much needed oxygen for it to perform at optimum levels.
Dark chocolate is a staple for February 14 pampering rituals and in moderation is a healthy choice for your sweet tooth. But you can show yourself TRUE AND LASTING love this Valentines Day by celebrating with an extra glass of water or two. Don't forget to share this tip with those you love!
Because there is no better gift than a long and healthy life!