A Simple Act of Kindness
Often times a simple kindness can change your outlook for the whole day.It can also become contagious when want to pay it forward. It doesn't even take a lot of planning, and doesn't have to cost a penny. You just need to look around and you'll see someone who deserves some kindness.
Here are just a few ideas you can do today!
- Put your phone down and take a few minutes to show some meaningful interest in co-worker, family and pets/
- Compliment someone. Tell them what makes them awesome.
- Encourage someone who needs a boost
- Give up a good parking spot.
- Smile at everyone you meet today. Watch them return it.
- Hold the elevator or door open for a stranger.
- Let someone behind you at the store check out first.
- Help someone struggling with heavy bags.
- Help someone take a photo.
- Take time to give someone who looks lost directions.
- Say thank you to the unsung heroes of your community you'll encounter today; city workers, security guards, baggers at a grocery store, wait staff at restaurants, construction workers, nurses...